Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sold my beautiful Harley Trike today!




Today I sold my gorgeous red 2003 Harley Davidson Anniversary Edition 1200 Sportster XL Trike. She had 1381 genuine miles on her.
This trike, with it's DFT Trike Conversion, Dual Independent Suspension and Screamin' Eagle Exhaust System attracted even more attention than one could want.
I really never wanted to ride, but my husband is obsessed with it. I was going to be the dutiful wife and learn to ride. I guess I was hoping that "wind in your hair" thing was something one could learn. It isn't.
I just never felt comfortable mainly because I didn't trust anyone not to run into me!
After a horrendous accident involving my husband, brother-in-law and his brother on Friday the 13th of March, I knew I was never going to feel safe out there.
We made the decision to sell, listed it and sold it almost immediately! That tells me it was the right time. We took a big loss, but the lady that bought it is supposed to have it. She's so excited and I'm happy for her. I wish her wonderful riding.
I took the trike out for a little spin yesterday and felt a twinge of regret. I really loved looking at it. You can't help it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your family is ok after their accident! It sounds like you are at peace with your decision to sell the bike, knowing it was the right time... that makes it easier!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive