Friday, September 25, 2009

Memorial Portraits by Pigatopia


I have come across some very talented people since I joined Artfire a few months ago.

One of the most compassionate artisans that I've met is Shannon, at Pigatopia.

Here is her bio. I think you'll agree she's special!

I make art work to help rescued animals ranging from Pot Bellied Pigs to cat and dogs even chickens. I have 13 pigs 8 dogs and one cat all of which are rescues. Some there families no longer wanted a couple where abandon after years of abuse others had no choice but to find a home do to health issues. The money generated from the sales of my items to pay vet bills, shelter and food for animals that have been abused and Rescued. I have made crafts and art as far back as I can remember. Over the years I have been told that I am an artist. I decided to use that talent to help those who cannot help themselves. I work in gardening and I use my art to relieve the stresses of everyday life. I hope you enjoy looking at my work as much as everyone else and hope you have a great day.

I was browsing through her studio a couple of weeks ago and came across this beautiful water color memorial portrait that she did of her grandfather.



My sister lost her beautiful son, Jamie, to a completed suicide in 1994. He was only 18 years old. I contacted Shannon about doing his portrait and in looking through pictures, I found four that I love at different stages of his life. I asked Shannon to do a collage of the four pictures and she has graciously said she'd be honored.

It's going to make the most wonderful handmade Christmas gift for my sister and brother-in-law. I just mailed the pictures today and can barely wait to see it. I'm going to post it here when I get it!

We also lost one of our grand"fur"babies a month ago, one of three "children" that our son and daughter-in-law have. Our daughter-in-law was devastated, of course. We are also having her portrait done as a Christmas gift to them. I'll post that one, too!

Please check out this studio.

Thank you in advance, dear Shannon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive