Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mom's Thoughts Of You

I found this poem and absolutely loved it.  For anyone that has loved a child and may have lost them for one reason, or another.

Thoughts Of You

© Paula Stone
Memories of another time still come
To me and fill my mind, with thoughts
Of you when you were young. 
 
I lie awake ‘Till the morning sun comes creeping 
through my window shade, as I dwell upon
mistakes I've made. 
 
What I would give to go back in time 
and feel you’re little hand in mine. 
 
To cherish each fast and fleeting day. To hold you 
close and kiss away, each pain that life will have in
store and try to give you so much more.

You are part and will always be, imbedded in the soul of me. While I'm here, I want to say, that I've loved you
each and every day 
 
And when my time on Earth is gone,

The privilege was mine to have been your Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive