Saturday, June 13, 2015

Opening a New Destash Supply Shop

We are preparing to buy a home out of state and are in the process of de-cluttering.  I am amazed at the amount of "stuff" two people can accumlate over the years.

Cleaning out closets, runs to the charity shops, furniture pick ups from Habitat for Humanity, culling out old photos that no one will want when we're gone, and now I've reached the craft rooms. Somebody save me!

I'm going through all the beads and findings inventory and making wonderful discoveries of things I forgot I even had! 

As soon as I see them, I have a vision of what I can make with them. Then, I force myself to put them back and move on (most of the time). Anyone that does this kind of work knows exactly what I'm talking about!

I opened a new shop, M Beads And Supplies, to get everything listed for sale.  It's slow going with the counting, photo editing, listing, descriptions, pricing, etc. We may not be able to move for five years.  Sigh.

If I ever finish with that chore, then I need to move on to the sewing and embroidery portion of the business.

At the same time, I am making blankets and bandanas to donate to our local animal shelter and keeping up with my other two shops, Pink Clouds And Angels, and Pink Clouds And Baby Blue.

I have already donated bags and bags of fabric, yarn, ribbon, and more, to the Telephone Pioneers.

I think it might be easier to just pack up the whole thing, have a truck come and get it, and then start over. Oh, wait, that might get to be very expensive.

Well, I am finished with my "break." Back to work.


1 comment:

  1. Most people do not know when is mother’s day? they get information about this day through social media like Facebook, twitter. Send Mother's day quotes 2017 to your mom. And show her how much you love her. While you can send Mother's day quotes, Mother's day wishes 2017 as well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive